We are holding a Build Contest for structures to be randomly generated on the Crafting For Christ vanilla Minecraft server. There are numerous categories of builds, and you are free to make as many submissions as you like.
The Crafting For Christ staff team will judge the builds after the closing date, and the best few builds in each category will be included in the server datapack to be generated throughout the server, with the best build occurring the most frequently.
There are no strict judging criteria, however it is good to consider aesthetics, scale, and resource value of the build. It is not guaranteed that every category will be included on the server, however the best builds will still be announced.
The contest will be held on a creative plot-world, hosted by the Crafting For Christ Network. You are to claim a new plot for each submission; there is no limit to the number of submissions you can make. The server IP and other information will be released shortly.
The contest will be open from the 11th of September 2019, held on a creative plot-world server.
There will be a scheduled maintenance period from 20th to 22nd of September 2019, and submissions will close on the 29th of September 2019.
After this time the world will remain open to everyone in spectator mode, while the staff judge the builds.
- Structures are to be limited to a 32 block (2 chunk) cube, unless specified
- Any resources used within the structure cannot be excessively valuable such that it would disrupt the normal progression of the game.
a. For example beacons, large numbers of resources, or highly functional farms
b. Dungeons or towers may have higher value resources included, provided the challenge to obtain them is proportionally large
- Keep in mind players breaking into the sides of the build
- Redstone is permitted in the builds, but must be limited, and relevant.
a. Traps are allowed (and encouraged)
b. Piston doors may be no larger than 3*3.
c. Flying machines are not allowed.
- Mob spawners are allowed in some categories, but can only summon unmodified hostile mobs
a. Towers may have up to 2 spawners, of the types normally found in the overworld
b. Dungeons may have up to 6 spawners, but no more than 2 can be activated by a single player at one time. May have creeper and Witch spawners, in addition to the naturally generating spawners
c. Nether-in-Overworld builds may have a Pigman spawner, or a contained Blaze spawner
- You may submit as many builds as you like, in any categories, or outside the given categories
a. Each build should be on a separate plot.
b. You may build a small environment around your structure to give better context, but you must include the independent structure
c. If your structure is intended to be partially submerged in the ground, please indicate the intended ground level
d. Builds may be biome specific, in which case, please indicate
- To submit your build, you must have a forum account and submit your build under the Events > Structure Building Entries (https://forums.craftingforchrist.net/t/structure-building-entries)
a. The forum title must include your building title, your plot number & category
- Example: [Plot -5;4] Small Home - House
b. The post is to contain information about your build, screenshots and other related information that you would like to add about your build.
- You are to include who created the build and collaborators (if any)
- Further information about the build, such as story, inspiration, explanation, etc. may be included.
c. If you got the inspiration or design for the build from someone else, including Youtube or some similar source, please indicate. You are allowed to copy a design, so long as credit is given, however you are encouraged to design it yourself
- Trees and similar
- Limit of 8 chunks in width/length, 3 chunks high
- Surface structure [if any] is considered as a normal structure that is added to the dungeon
- Spawner Dungeon
- To replace the vanilla dungeons
- One of each type will be selected
- Witch Hut
- To replace the vanilla witch hut
- Must still reasonably fit into the world
- Simple structure no bigger than a 16 block cube.
- I.e. structures to appear in the Nether
- I.e. structures to appear in the End
- Nether in Overworld
- Can include nether mobs
- Should include a broken portal
- Portal frame may only have more than half the blocks in place if hostile mobs are included