Welcome to the first of many Developers Logs, as the head of the development team I am hoping to get one of these logs out every 2 to 3 weeks with all of the development progress we have made over the period.
The development of the server itself is coming along well but the time frame and release date which we were hoping to hit (Saturday the 5th of October) will not be reached, since there is a lot to do still.
Let me give you an overview of all of the platforms that we use to operate the server.
Firstly there is the server itself, self explanatory really but it has 2 main parts to it, zander (the main core program that helps all of the platforms run together), the structure generator (which I was hoping to start working on soon) and also our own custom advancement pack & resource pack.
Secondly, there is the website where the main driver of the server is (you wouldn’t think so because the site is actually kind of empty but it is) and integrated into the website is our Discord as well which provides staff commands to issue punishments and other moderation commands as well.
If you want to track our progress in how we are doing, check at this subforum or I will just post the new posts as a link in the Discord. If you want to fast track the development process and help us out, join the development team! You can see more information about it here.
Here is the progress of the first Developer Log:
- Fixed the Swear Filter not filtering words correctly. (_Ayz)
- Implemented a new player Message of the Day (a message for players when they first log in). (shadowolf)
- We have a Discord Minecraft chat bridge in development but with what we plan to do with our servers, it may not be possible to use for the public.
- Added a little celebration message on the Discord side (#server-chat) for when a player joins for the first time. (shadowolf)
- Started working on tools that staff can use to moderate platforms. (shadowolf)
Well, that's basically all the progress that we have made over this last little period.